Financial Analyst Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Management Team for Europe, the Financial Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales related data in an ongoing effort to increase overall sales productivity. You will be required to collect sales data and evaluate performance based on sales targets and plans while taking into consideration specific market conditions. The development and tracking of KPI’s will be critical to enhance the understanding of the business and to improve decision-making.
The Sales Analyst will create both standardized & custom reports, conduct quantitative product & sales analysis, provide support for internal, retailer & consumer promotions, and assess future needs and data integrity. He/She must develop standardized tools, methodologies and business processes aimed at improving reporting efficiency.
• Collect, analyze, evaluate and report data to increase sales productivity
• Collect sales records & trends and evaluate performance measured against sales targets and plans
• Prepare daily or weekly reports for Retail & DTC sales, to support the business.
• Analyze sales and performance records, interpret results & communicate them towards the Management including improvement recommendations.
• Guide and coordinate with sales people (Key Accounts, Regional Sales, Agents/Distributors, etc.) to provide accurate forecasts, generate reports for forecast, and collaborate forecasts into monthly reports such as a latest estimate• Generate ad hoc reporting for the Sales team to be used across multiple departments in the organization
• Provide customized reporting and recommendations in support of ongoing business decisions or initiatives
• Work with Senior Management to create long term strategic plans.
• Conduct quantitative analysis including but not limited to: Trend identification, assessment of opportunity and risk, and forecasting
• Prepare monthly Commission Reporting towards our Sales Agents.
• Align with business stakeholders, Finance administrators and users of SAP reporting tools to reflect sales structure in systems
• University Diploma/College Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related area of study, or equivalent 3 to 5 years in related fields
• Able to access and manipulate complex computer applications and programs that perform analysis, organize data and create reports from various sources
• Ability to work on a high level of detail and accuracy while maintaining perspective to overall goals
• Rational thinker
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Able to work with different departments and see data from different point-of-views
• Ability to perform complex analysis such as: forecasting, probability modeling, strategic planning, and process improvement
• Able to co-ordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests of varying size and scope
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain complex information in an understandable way to a broad audience
• Expert knowledge of SAP, Excel, AO software and relational databases