PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist the Senior Merchandiser / Merchandiser to manage retail accounts upon order confirmation to delivery to customer, maintaining required customer quality and company margin.
Strategy & Innovation:
• To review current working practices & procedures on a regular basis with a view to improving & gaining efficiencies.
Operations & Results:
• Work with Snr Merchandiser / Merchandiser to assist in managing receipt of Order Confirmation documents ensuring all relevant info has been received from both Retailer and Sales Manager.
• Organise style handover meetings upon order confirmation, and ensure the checklist is completed.
• Assist in translating all Order Confirmation Documents from Retailer into Supplier format.
• Manage daily liaison with factories and In County Office relating to your own accounts & responsibilities, feeding back any issues to your line manager.
• Assist in raising of PO’s as & when required
• Under guidance of Snr Merchandiser / Merchandiser work closely with the In Country Office/Factory to ensure customer orders are clearly interpreted and executed, using Video Conference/Email/Telephone communications and feedback any issues to your line manager.
• Ensure internal PO system is up to date, by running reports regularly to check for errors and ensuring any changes that need to be made are done.
• Assist in the Critical Path management – weekly update on all stages of development per customer. To be attended by Technical, (and Sales where possible).
• Assist with shipment documentation ensuring it is received prior to dispatch (Bill of Lading/GSP/AQL reports, packing lists) and is invoiced accordingly on the internal PO system.
• As and when required work with each retailers nominated freight forwarders/our In Country Office’s to ensure speedy handover at point of ex factory, expanding knowledge of this process.
• Liaise with In Country Office/Factory re packing/logistical requirements – be fully aware of all requirements in the Supplier Manuals pertaining to nominated sources, warehousing, franchise orders etc.
• Chase any additional necessary information from your Buying/Merch team with regards to hanger specs/box sizes/Pieces per box & Packaging.
• Assist in the preparation & update weekly summary list of issues, such as delays, quality issues, CPR’s, and report to senior management.
• All internal documentation to be kept up to date.
• General filing/admin up keep to be maintained.
Customers & Relationships:
• Build and maintain relationships with the factories and In Country Office you work with.
• Create and enhance long-term business relationship with the retailers you work with, and ensure you have regular face to face meetings as & when appropriate, under guidance of Senior Merchandiser / Merchandiser.
• If needed, assist in sending retailer Critical Paths through to your customers by Dept and Buyer on their specified day with all updates included.
• Assist in keeping customer systems up to date, where required.
Leadership & Teams:
• Attend weekly team meetings, to be attended by Design, Sales, Tech & Merch. Compile minutes of meeting and feedback to team.
• Work closely with the Technical department to ensure First Fits/Size Sets/Pre-Production/Production samples, lab dips, application strike offs, trims & bulk fabrics etc. are being submitted to the Critical Path dates.
GSCE’s including Maths and English
A’levels or equivalent Essential
Previous experience as Merchandiser / Account Manager / Production Co-ordinator - Desirable
Previous experience in licensed product - Desirable
Experience working with UK retailers - Desirable
Experience in working with clothing/accessory products - Desirable
Knowledge of Word and Excel - Essential
Able to work to deadlines - Essential
Good attention to detail - Essential
Able to think proactively and outside the box - Essential
Ability to prioritise tasks - Essential
Team player - Essential
Able to communicate clearly - Essential