PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide efficient and effective all-round administrative HR procedure, process and documentation support to a business unit which is split across several sites. This role will also include regualr travel to our London office (roughly once a fortnight)
To be trusted as a knowledgeable advisor who can interpret the needs of the business to best align the day-to-day people management to the business aims.
Strategy & Innovation:
• Ensure internal administrative processes are followed and suggest and implement changes where these could be improved to be more efficient or a better resource to our team.
• Quickly get to grips with the culture that GBG is trying to cultivate so that this is a well-understood key component in all HR operations.
• Play a key part in projects to build out GBG’s HR platform and owning it where instructed to.
Operations & Results:
For partnered area of the business and its population;
• Prepare all general correspondence and contractual documentation, including maintaining staff records and contractual and appraisal documentation, and have the responsibility for maintenance and preparation of HR systems, databases and reports and regular trackers for the business.
• Supporting the HR Manager in meetings as requested; such as disciplinary, grievance and absence meetings, and taking accurate minutes as and when required.
• Collect, track and provide information and supporting documents to contribute to the production and processing of monthly Payroll.
• Responsible for the efficient organisation, maintenance and evolution of administration, such as the HR records and server, company benefits and coordination of training programmes arrangements
• Owning the starter and leaver procedure, from preparation for an employee’s first date of employment through to organisation of probationary period review and feedback; and also the exit interviews and efficient leaving procedures.
Customers & Relationships:
• Become a trusted confidant for employees and line managers to build strong relationships in order to best understand the roles and requirements recruiting for.
Leadership & Teams:
• Be a vital addition to our team culture: Work closely with the team to ensure we work efficiently and look after our customers - the business - as effective as possible.
• Share necessary information as much as possible so we can be prepared and armed with knowledge.
• Education: degree level preferred
• Technical / professional: CIPD level 5 or more
• Experience in HR administration
• Knowledge of UK employment law
• Experience in working with recruitment software tools (icims, Taleo, SAP etc) is desired but not essential
• Can balance tasks well as will be physically immersed in different businesses throughout the week, with different demands and cultures.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organisation – constructive, patient, can flex and adapt to pick the best communication type and style for the situation.
• Intuitive with people – understanding personality types, aspirations, competencies, behaviours.
• Impeccable attention to detail and good accuracy.
• Creative thinker.
• Team player – collaborative and believes in building out a HR providing as a team.
• Commercially aware.
• Will be required to work independently from line manager and team at times so it is essential to be a proactive self-starter who strives to achieve targets entrusted in the role.
• Be curious – an ‘ideas person’ who enthusiastically looks for solution and better, more creative ways of supporting the business.