The Director of Sales will be mainly responsible for leveraging his/her relationships to maintain existing business and establish new business.
Strategy & Innovation
- Strategically cultivate new accounts. Strategize means to penetrate new markets; oversee development and maintain business relationships with customers.
- Guide research and competitive analysis; interpret relevant trends and communicate to internal partners, where appropriate.
- Collaborate as a cross functional partner on line plan development.
- Collaboratively devise and articulate brand positioning and key strategic initiatives for brand, where appropriate; strategize optimal placement in store, including, where applicable, in-store shops.
Operations & Results
- Lead regular review of shipments and orders, sales and stock levels, merchandising and markdowns with Account Executives.
- Guide strategies and approve recommendations to maximize sales and minimize markdowns.
- Travel frequently to customer locations to meet with leadership and ensure proper in-store execution; attend trade shows as necessary.
Customers & Relationships
- Manage the cultivation, development and maintenance of relationships with new and existing customers at DMM level and below.
- Oversee communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Sales, Design, Production and retail coordinators.
- Partner with planning and customers to oversee co-op, allowances and givebacks.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Train and coach junior team members in selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals and team.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.