PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Senior Infrastructure Analyst will be responsible for managing and supporting GBG’s internal servers, storage, networking and the virtual environment of all GBG offices across our European estate. This position will provide analysis and resolution of software and hardware faults, upgrades and monitoring the constant operation of all the core systems that are vital to the business.
This position will also serve as an escalation point for problems, query support and also an informal coach for the local support engineers across Europe.
The Senior Infrastructure Analyst will be expected to:
• Administer and maintain the corporate infrastructure, including network connectivity & Internet access for both corporate office and retail stores.
• Administer and maintain the VMware suite including vCenter/ESXi/HA/DRS/vMotion and storage vMotion.
• Administer and configure of SAN - Netapp Ontap 9.x Storage Arrays.
• Administer, install and maintain Fortigate Firewalls and Cisco switches - Layer 3 and 2.
• Install and configure Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Servers.
• Monitor systems for performance and security issues.
• Working with the Service Delivery Manager to handle escalations from SD teams.
• Work with third party infrastructure service providers to ensure the appropriate services are delivered effectively.
• Upgrade and installation of infrastructure equipment across all European GBG offices to comply with GBG policies and standards.
Strategy & Innovation:
• Be an integral and active member of a collaborative team to analyse and solve Infrastructure support issues.
• Be skilled in proactive and efficient root cause analysis and solution implementation for ongoing or repetitive problems.
• Contribute to the Infrastructure team’s objective of continual improvement, technological advancements and excellence in customer service. Creating solutions for the business in collaboration with team heads where possible, to create solutions to support the business efficiently and help it evolve and grow.
Operations & Results:
• Observe and adhere to any IT department standard processes.
• Understand and target the desired SLA level.
• Create and maintain IT documentation according to GBG standards.
Customers & Relationships:
• Provide an excellent level of customer service to internal and external users.
• Needs to be personable, proactive and solution-orientated.
• Understand the role as a service to the business and to build up communication where necessary on problems, solutions, changes and processes.
Leadership & Teams:
• Work in coordination with a team based across the UK and Europe. Wider collaboration with GBG’s global IT team based across several time zones and continents’ needs. Build and maintain positive relationships with teams outside of the European group as part of the structure of GBG’s global IT environment.
• Organise and present information and knowledge in a way that's helpful to the team.
• Show initiative in going beyond direct responsibilities in achieving team and organisational goals.
• Create an open and transparent team environment that fosters sharing of information and knowledge.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Experienced in Hypervisor technology; VMWare 6.x and Microsoft Azure IaaS.
• Solid knowledge of Windows Server (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP).
• Experienced in Fortigate Firewalls, Cisco Switches and Cisco Meraki devices.
• Experienced in Netapp Storage devices
• Technical knowledge of LAN/WAN Optimization.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL and Dynamics AX ERP would be advantageous.
• A broad technical understanding of a range of technology platforms and systems, including server technologies, storage systems, WANs, LANs, virtualisation, IP telephony, backups and antivirus.
• Experienced of working with geographically dispersed teams across Europe.
• Ideally experienced of Azure cloud technology.