PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To develop & design accessories based on relevant trends, historical sales, Licensed customer specific requirements & brand strategy for Reiss. To ensure good quality product specifications are delivered on time for each season, in accordance with the Critical Path and are visible to the creative and product management department. To ensure all product is developed to meet pricing & margin parameters.
Strategy & Innovation:
• Meeting with the Creative Director to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria.
• Researching materials, processes or market requirements.
• Manage the prototype reviews in line with Critical path and client / brand requirements
• Correction of prototypes
• Frequent factory visit
• Manage and process seasonal option map / colour card combinations to provide visibility of seasonal designs
Operations & Results:
• Design and research to prepare concepts and collections
• Technical Sketch definition for design and metal details of footwear
• Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or using dedicated computer software (CAD) to produce design specifications, including component lists and costings.
• Manage development process in line with budgeted plans and sourcing agents.
• Manage the fabric and proto archive
Leadership & Teams:
• Communication with Product development team throughout designing process
• Support product management team on sourcing initiatives.
• Liaise with Client design team to prepare for design meetings
Skills & Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
• A high degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach.
• Visual and spatial awareness.
• Commercial awareness.
• Computer literacy (three-dimensional conceptual ability and CAD (computer-aided design).
• Knowledge of industrial processes / techniques and standards.
• Communication and customer-facing skills.
• The ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines.
• A willingness to build and maintain positive working relationships and to share information with others.
• Determination to achieve a result, and optimism and enthusiasm when things don't go to plan.
• Self-starter – high energy levels.
• Positive and enthusiastic.
• Strong professionally – credible with integrity.
• Good Listener – will challenge constructively and respond well to feedback.
• Must be able to use MS Office applications – Word, Outlook, and Excel to an excellent standard
• All relevant design suite Adobe, Photoshop, illustrator.