PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Applications Support Analyst will operate as part of a European team with the responsibilities of providing day to day support, administration and maintenance of the corporate business ERP system and mobile sales platform. Responsible for supporting the businesses internal and external user base in delivering a proactive and responsive support service, while operating as part of the wider core European applications team to ensure the smooth running and continued development of the corporate business systems.
The role will be based out of our Florence office, and will involve travel to offices outside of Milan and on occasions to other European sites.
• Providing technical and functional support for business applications centred around Microsoft Dynamics AX and Nu Order mobile sales platform to the internal and external user base
• Take ownership to log, process and resolve issues reported through helpdesk and issue tracking systems, working with other internal team members or third-party support to resolve root cause of escalated operational problems in a timely fashion.
• Engaging with the business to capture requirements for customisations through Change Requests and working with internal teams and 3rd party vendors to define solutions.
• Exposure and involvement in supporting other systems PLM, EPOS, Ecommerce (B2B, B2C & Marketplaces), EDI and reporting/BI products.
• Maintain, configure, and support EDI interfaces between both business applications and customers.
• Help configure and manage business applications and ensure project deliverables match the business requirements.
• Monitoring application performance and highlighting areas of concern, implementing improvements and producing relevant reports when required.
• Participating in entire full cycle of implementation, including quality assurance and testing of any new, or upgrades to business applications.
• Prepare user manuals and training plans for business applications when required.
• Must ensure that standard policy, processes and procedures are followed by the team and identify, develop and implement best practices where gaps exist.
Strategy & Innovation:
• Resolves conflicting goals and priorities using formal organisational knowledge and informal network relationships to accomplish objectives.
• Demonstrates commitment to seek out opportunities and contributes to developing innovative or alternative solutions.
Operations & Results:
• Contributes to improvement of policies and procedures that facilitate progress.
• Practices highly effective organization, prioritization and time management skills.
• Proactively review systems identifying change that can deliver financial, time and effort saving.
Customers & Relationships:
• Accurately identifies and anticipates client's needs.
• Follows through on commitments and responds to customers in a timely manner.
• Consistently provides quality service and solutions to customer needs.
Leadership & Teams:
• Organizes and presents information and knowledge in a way that's helpful to the team
• Shows initiative in going beyond direct responsibilities in achieving team goals
• Collaboration with the wider Application team to ensure business deliverables and requirements are met.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 1-3 years’ experience of supporting ERP systems in a retail / wholesale environment, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Experience with mobile (web / app) based sales tools would be advantageous
• Understanding of EDI processes and data flows.
• Knowledge of retail functions, B2C, B2B, wholesale, etc would be advantageous
• Experience in interpreting, communicating, and documenting business processes and requirements desirable.
• Experiencing with producing and executing test plans to verify business application changes / systems upgrades.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Fluency in both Italian and English languages.
• A driven customer focused approach
• Passion for technology and application solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
• Creative, problem solving oriented thinking.
• Ability to establish priorities when work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
• Pro-active with ability use initiative