Founded in Massachusetts in 1863 by John A. Frye, The Frye Company is the original maker of American footwear.
For more than 153 years, Frye craftsmen have been dedicated to the art of shoemaking, creating modern patterns, discovering materials and even inventing machinery. Rooted in authentic American heritage, The Frye Company uses the best leathers, designs and innovations in the pursuit of timeless, artisanal style.
Today, the brand is propelled by its relevance and expansion into new categories, while remaining true to its original promise. Frye products have withstood the test of time and have created brand loyalists across cultural shifts and the passing of generations.
Since 2011, Frye has expanded its presence to include stores in SoHo NYC, Boston, Chicago, Georgetown, Atlanta, Dallas, Long Island (New York), Fairfax (Virginia), San Francisco, Austin, Nashville, Denver, Charlotte (North Carolina), Lexington, Seattle and Flat Iron NYC.
Frye’s mission, to make iconic leather goods that endure, has remained unchanged throughout its storied history.
The Frye Company currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Store Manager. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for strategically driving business to achieve goals, training and developing the store team and working to consistently achieve the highest level of operational excellence. The Assistant Store Manager is also responsible for creating a memorable in-store environment by inspiring the team to consistently provide our customers with the highest levels of customer service. Specific responsibilities of the Store Manager position include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing strategies in order to drive business to achieve sale and profitability goals in a commissioned environment
- Educating the sales team on store sales plan, personal sales goals, store statistics and motivating the team to achieve goals
- Partnering with the corporate team to build relationships and events in order to drive traffic and sales
- Identifying business trends and reacting quickly to the needs of the business
- Creating a customer service focused environment by consistently exhibiting best practices with regards to customer service, sales generation and customer outreach
- Developing and maintaining store clienteling processes and standards
- Developing a strong knowledge of Company history, brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle and effectively communicating such information to the sales team and customers
- Developing a strong knowledge of Company products, including sizing, materials, construction, inventory level and sales trends and effectively communicating such information to customers
- Ensuring the sales floor always meets Company standards with regards to merchandising and visual presentation
- Consistently providing recognition to team members for exceptional performance
- Providing consistent and ongoing constructive feedback and coaching to team members
- Developing and training internal talent to ensure the team reaches its full potential and to build a strong internal bench of candidates for future leadership roles
- Responsible for managing all operational processes, policies and functionality related to merchandise management, security, loss prevention and facility maintenance
- Ensuring the store meets all Company standards and expectations with regards to merchandising and visual presentation, safety, functionality and security and complies with all relevant local, State and Federal regulations
- Setting standards for maintaining a neat and organized stockroom, storage area and shipping/receiving area in order to allow for safe and efficient access to product
- Monitoring store inventory levels and partnering with the corporate team to maximize sales through product replenishment and communication of product needs
- Demonstrating a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm in communication with clients, peers, management and corporate partners