PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Provide high quality Windows & Mac desktop support to GBG internal users, externals and contractors on a daily basis. Assist with project workloads as and when needed.
The support analyst will assist with analysis and resolution of software and hardware faults. Having the ability to adapt and utilise knowledge sources is essential. Although not expected to know solutions to specific issues, the support analyst must have a good working knowledge of computer functions/processes and be able to pick things up quickly.
More specifically, the support analyst will be expected to:
• Be skilled at installing and configuring end user applications and software.
• Assess conflicting priorities and demands whilst managing parallel work-streams.
• Maintain hardware asset database for compliance with internal and external audit requirements
• Take ownership of support incidents from start to finish and escalate if required.
• Communicate efficiently with the end user and ensure the user is kept up to date with the progress
Strategy & Innovation:
• Join collaborative team effort to analyse and solve general IT support issues.
• Root cause analysis and solution implementation for ongoing or repetitive problems.
• Contribute to the Infrastructure team’s objective of continual improvement, technological advancements and excellence in customer service.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with teams outside of the European group as part of the structure of GBG’s global IT environment.
Operations & Results:
• Observe and adhere to any IT department standard processes.
• Monitor helpdesk queues and pick-up/respond to tickets appropriately in a timely manner.
Customers & Relationships:
• Provide an excellent level of customer service to internal and external users.
• Communicate efficiently to both internal and external users
Leadership & Teams:
• Work in coordination with a team based across the UK and Europe. Wider collaboration with GBG’s global IT team based across several time zones and continents.
Skills & Qualifications:
o Build/Deployment for Windows and Mac hardware.
o Administration of user accounts using Microsoft Active Directory
o Support and configuration of Microsoft Office package & Office 365 services.
o Support/user admin of telephony and perform user admin on Cisco CUCM/HCS platform
o Basic windows server support – file/print services.
o Mobile device support – specifically Apple iPhones and iPads.