PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
CAA – GBG Global Brand Management Group is a joint venture between Global Brands Group and Creative Artists Agency, creating the world’s largest licensing and brand management company. We represent globally iconic brands, celebrities and personalities, committed to creating brands that resonate in cultures and lifestyles across multiple markets. We are honoured to work with some of the best brands in the world and we use of years of experience to deliver globally award-winning brand solutions. We have set benchmarks in our industry and redefined expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as a Paralegal / EA to support the SVP of Legal and Business Affairs and the Chief Financial Officer and their teams more broadly. This is a role which offers real variety and you will be giving administrative and paralegal support, with the opportunity to take on more complex legal tasks under supervision. This is an exciting opportunity for an organized individual with great time management skills who thrives in a busy and changing environment.
• Assisting the SVP of Legal and Business Affairs and the Chief Finance Officer with executive assistant – type tasks e.g. Travel / arranging meetings.
• Document management.
• Managing internal processes, e.g. compiling information on live contracts, maintaining spreadsheets and providing regular updates.
• Liaising with legal and finance teams daily.
• Reviewing and drafting the following legal agreements (under supervision):
o simple licence agreements;
o renewals and amendments of existing agreements;
o non-disclosure agreements.
• Conducting legal research as and when required.
• Contacting clients, licensees and overseas colleagues as part of the contract execution and management process, and to follow up outstanding actions.
• Preparing presentations.
• Uploading documents to our online portal.
• Drafting authorization and other legal letters.
• Proof reading.
• Carrying out various administrative duties as and when required
Skills and Experience:
• Previous Paralegal experience in either a law firm or in-house.
• Administrative / EA / PA experience is essential.
• Strong experience dealing with telephone / email enquiries.
• The LPC (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential.
• Organised with excellent time management skills.
• Good presentation skills and a keen attention to detail are key.
• Proactive with an ability to work as part of a team as well as independently and to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• High level of professionalism.