The Assistant Designer supports the Designer(s) in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Assist and take direction from the Design Team for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, and inspirational photos.
- Assist in development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment.
Operations & Results
- Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Support Designer(s) in creating Illustrator flats; assist in preparation of specification sheets; prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update as necessary.
- Maintain product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; maintain designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval; maintain fabric/trim library.
Leadership & Teams
Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.