• Work together with Design Director in conceptualizing and executing lines within the time frame established by seasonal calendar.
• Help develop products that are aesthetically appropriate for the brand while adhering to production and costing requirements.
• Responsible for completion of design packages with a translation of all details in a timely manner in order to facilitate sample making.
• Follow through on all sample requests, etc with overseas office.
• Work with the design director to help manage other areas of line development such as market research, sourcing etc.
• Partner with the sales and licensor teams to ensure business objectives are reflected in the product design.
• Create presentation boards, including concept boards/mood boards, etc.
• Set up showrooms prior to market weeks and major presentations.
• BA Degree from Art and Design college, preferred major in Accessories Design.
• 1 to 3 years Handbag/SLG experience.
• Basic knowledge of print and pattern drawing
• Must have the ability to sketch and prepare spec packages in Adobe Illustrator.
• Proficiency in Photoshop.
• Team Player, highly organized.
• Ability to take direction and follow through on design and projects.
• Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at once while working within sensitive time lines.
GBG USA INC. is an equal opportunity employer