The Senior Designer manages the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and coordinating the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and identify trend directions; perform and review competitive analysis; oversee and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos.
- Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure; devise style plans and design according to sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
Operations & Results
- Create Illustrator sketches; approve specification sheets and line sheets; ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Select and review raw materials and trims; ensure maintenance of fabric/trim library.
- Approve lab dips and ensure consistency with color standards and licensor directives, where appropriate; collaboratively devise and approve prints and graphics where appropriate; oversee fit process.
Customers & Relationships
- Manage follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including production and tech; manage interoffice communication and relationships with vendors and internal customers.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals.