The Production Coordinator contributes to the seasonal production process by coordinating the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders and by ensuring the timely delivery of quality, profitable goods.
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval.
Operations and Results
- Enter and maintain updates for each style in shared drives; perform daily tracking of goods on order, in progress (WIP) and in-transit to ensure timely delivery according to development calendar; create and distribute production status reports; follow-up with vendors, factories and design/merchandising as needed.
- Partner with merchandisers to confirm accuracy of size breaks, tickets, and item information in SAP system; create and maintain approved vendor matrix, with costing and production capacity portfolio.
- Create, revise, input and maintain production orders and monitor transmission to factories; coordinate records of purchase orders (POs); coordinate tracking of all pre-production samples and stock deliveries.
- Maintain fabric/trim library, in partnership with design; maintain product development logs, trim inventory/liability inventory, and production archives library; track non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors, where appropriate.
- Coordinate fit process with design and merchandising; adhere to and enforce production standards set by GBG.
- Assist Brand Manager in product development with merchandising, design and sales to ensure correct execution of products and attainment of agreed-upon margin goals; track customs classification coordination with imports.
- Identify and raise quality and technical issues with factories, mills, vendors and team(s); track capacity and performance of vendors for Brand Manager.
Customers & Relationships
- Build collaborative relationships, coordinate interoffice communication and follow-up with internal and external customers.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.