The CSR/Traffic Clerk / Router is responsible for the administrative and coordination functions of logging orders, routing, shipping and tracking of outbound orders This position is also responsible for overseeing shipping compliance to our various apparel retailers such as Wal-Mart Kmart, JCP, Kohl’s and others. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the Distribution Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Request routing for apparel retailers, i.e. Kohl’s, Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, JC Penny’s etc., via their website links.
- Update Warehouse Management System (WMS) with appropriate date, time, and carrier information for driver pickups.
- Create and close Bills of Lading for each day's shipments.
- Become familiar with BOL vendor requirements and assist operations in meeting those vendor requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Work directly with carriers to schedule, adjust or troubleshoot load schedules.
- Provide immediate response to customer queries and follow up appropriately and timely on outstanding issues.
- Regularly communicate with Customer Service, Account Representatives and Operations personnel to provide updates and resolve issues in a timely fashion to ensure on time and quality shipments reach our customers and retailers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.