Overall job objective:
As a member of the European management team, the Marketing Manager will have the responsibility to manage the Marketing process which ties together Market Reseach, brand health, Product Merchandising inputs, Marketing needs (technical and tactical), Sales sell-in/sell-through and Marketing campaign reporting to deliver content concisely
In this key role, your efforts will deliver relevant and meaningful marketing content that is globally consistent and locally relevant further driving and directly impacting brand revenue and consumer connectivity.
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
• Supporting the European Business Team to formulate long-term brand & marketing positioning strategies in close collaboration and alignment with Spyder global teams.
• Researching consumer markets, analyze market data and competition, provide regional inputs and data to ensure global brand strategy development in Europe.
• Lead and drive our annual brand strategies in alignment with global priorities through OGSTM (Objectives, goals, strategies, tactics and metrics) framework: cascading strategy into annual, seasonal execution plans for the marketing department, clearly defining, tracking and reporting KPIs.
• Ensure consistency between brand positioning, design, communication, visual merchandising and sales promotions
• Work with Global Teams/Agencies/Divisions to gain learnings and insights to increase Go to Market effectiveness while reducing complexity.
• Manage the annual planning process, working closely with Finance to translate strategy into financial plans.
• Create offline and online content, manage trade fair and other customer events and monitor the media plan & creative advertising
• Create a PR strategy and supervise execution of a PR agency
• Develop partnerships (media, advertisers, influencers, bloggers distributors, retailers, athletes etc.) to increase sales or brand awareness
• Develop and execute Key Countries, Cities/Resorts and Accounts marketing plans in cooperation with Management.
• Assist the Groups Product Merchandising and Marketing teams on the overarching schedule and delivery of regional product, brand, and creative briefs to Spyders’ global functions.
• Partner with Product, Sales and Marketing teams to lead seasonal marketing processes including facilitating meetings, reporting and sharing of information from Global Brand-Strategy Meetings.
The perfect candidate:
• 5+ Years of Related Professional Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar education and a minimum of 3 years’ management experience in the product field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Experience working in the retail and/or consumer goods industry
• Experience in Brand and Digital Marketing
• Excellent writing, interpretation, presenting and communications skills
• Experience in Brand Management, working in both management consulting as well as a consumer brand company.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with financial and commercial awareness and a good understanding of new business opportunity positioning.
• Excellent understanding of industry data and analytical sources.
• Very good knowledge of the sports or fashion lifestyle market, understanding the different market needs across important European markets
• Advanced skills in creating presentations (PowerPoint)
• An active skier with understanding of a wide range of activities
• Flexibility and ability to work independently or within the team
• Ability to travel and spend significant time away from home
Languages: Fluency in English and German; other languages are a plus