The Director of Payroll will be responsible for leading a team to ensure the day-to-day, end-to-end management and execution of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for Global Brands Group (retail and corporate employees) in North America. The Director will be held accountable to ensure delivery of timely and accurate payrolls compliant with regulatory requirements and company policies including financial controls and reporting.
- Lead payroll department which oversees processing, compliance, and accuracy of North American payroll.
- Oversee the maintenance of all employee payroll related data within the payroll system.
- Manage strong working relationships with third party vendors.
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
- Ensure compliance with all state payroll regulations, garnishment processing.
- Oversee, configure and maintain the company’s time and attendance system which includes but not limited to OT and management of paid time off accruals.
- Ensures payroll records are up to date by reviewing approved changes (home address, W-4, direct deposit, etc.).
- Manage the reconciliation of payroll, and perform periodic audits to ensure that payroll data and tax calculations are accurate.
- Conduct reconciliations related to the filing of Federal, State, Provincial, and Local tax jurisdictions.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the entire payroll process, use of the payroll system, all reporting, including year-end tax reporting.
- Review Quarterly and Annual wage reconciliations and conduct Year-End W-2 processing.
- Make suggestions for continuous improvement and process optimization resulting in efficient, cost effective payroll processing.
- Partner with business leaders such as HR, Retail Operations, and Finance to support and address business needs.
- Payroll point of contact for all activity related to integration of acquired businesses.
- Prepares complex reports providing senior management with visibility to key statistics.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise regarding payroll processes and procedures.