The Sr. Product Line Manager is an innovative leader who executes the seasonal business plan and delivers a global product line that drives sales and increases margin and market share with a strategic assortment of performance product. The Sr. Product Line Manager brings global market expertise meeting brand strategy and customer needs and ensures timely execution of each stage in the process. The Sr. Product Line Manager cultivates market data, competitive landscape and brand positioning with strong presentation skills to inspire the cross functional internal and external teams.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
- Analyze product performance, market conditions and feedback from customers continuously; update assortments and identify opportunities based on analysis as well as expert knowledge of the current and potential market place.
- Implement the product strategy, create product briefs for the cross functional team and achieve a balanced assortment focused on brand strategy, opportunity and identified growth areas.
- Maintain and distribute sales data, competitor and market information for expert knowledge and to effectively manage and grow the assorted categories.
- Engage cross departmental teams to drive success and understanding of product direction for strong go to market strategy.
- Create and manage category plans focusing on product category, region, channel and delivery.
- Deliver against financial targets by evaluating key items, price points, SKU productivity and forecast against margin goals and product specifications.
Operations & Results
- Partner with Design, PD, Ops and Sales to ensure execution to business fundamentals and to calendar deliverables for timely delivery of goods supporting sales growth, and attainment of margin goals.
- Partner and maintain strong collaborative relationships with Product Development, Design and Tech Design to ensure exceptional execution of products.
- Responsible for maintaining PLM system with all relevant product details.
- Flow product innovations, seasonal stories and highlights to marketing teams for cross departmental knowledge and external branding direction.
- Create line plan by category and ensure progress toward established financial goals; achieve metrics
- Present line to supervisors; actively participate in review meetings, including edits, CAD board reviews, pre-costing, line reviews, adoption and post-season reviews
Customers & Relationships
- Communicate and follow-up with internal and external constituents globally, including customers, suppliers, vendors and licensors, where applicable; assist with problem solving as needed
- Lead key account meetings, build and maintain relationships with key buyers, participate in line presentation meetings and continuously nurture those relationships.
- Maintain relationships with collaborators and competitors; attend trade shows and industry events, as needed
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
- Cultivate strong relationships
- Attract, develop, manage and retain talent
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals: continuous coaching