The Production Assistant contributes to the seasonal production process by assisting with the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders and by ensuring the timely delivery of quality, profitable goods.
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval.
Operations and Results
- Partner with Design and Merchandising to ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Perform daily tracking of goods on order, in progress (WIP) and in-transit to ensure timely delivery according to development calendar; create and distribute production status report; follow-up with vendors, factories and design/merchandising as needed.
- Partner with Merchandisers to confirm accuracy of size breaks, tickets, and item information; enter data into approved vendor matrix, with costing and production capacity portfolio.
- Create, revise, input and maintain production orders in SAP and monitor transmission to factories; file and maintain records of purchase orders (POs); receive and track all pre-production samples and stock deliveries.
- Maintain fabric/trim library, in partnership with Design; maintain product development logs, trim inventory/liability inventory, and production archives library; track non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors, where appropriate.
- Provide general administrative support to the team as needed.
Customers & Relationships
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.