The Production Manager manages the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders to drive the on-time delivery of quality, profitable goods.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
- Manages factory base for competitive edge for quality, cost, delivery with design, product development, and senior management.
- Evaluates and manages vendor performance critically based purchase order history of on-time delivery, lead time, quality acceptance rates, fulfilment, and margins.
- Streamlines, with cross-functional teams, the factory base for maximum performance of product execution and company deliverables.
Operations and Results
- Manages on-time placement of final buys with staff and cross-functional teams, tracking of WIP and production from hand off to final deliveries and insures all necessary approvals have been obtained; manages with staff non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors; coordinate customs classification coordination with Imports. Assists in negotiations on pricing to ensure profitability for volume buys.
- Partner with Merchandising, PD/Design and Sales to ensure correct execution of products in production and attain agreed-upon margin goals and delivery; set and articulate expectations. Ensures timely hand off of development into production.
- Follow and enforce production standards and cohesiveness of brand, where appropriate, across categories and vendors; attends all approval meetings and work closely with Design and/or PD to ensure on-time approvals; execute quality control initiatives, including QA analysis and solutions; adhere to and enforce production standards set by GBG USA, its agents, and our clients.
- Troubleshoots quality and technical issues with factories, mills, vendors and team(s).
- Advises management on capacity planning and performance management by sourcing office, region, country and vendor; contribute accurate information for costing models; advise Production Director on commitments to raw materials, where appropriate; allocate production across vendors and reserve production space based on vendors’ achievement of our production standards.
- Create approved vendor matrix and production capacity portfolio.
Customers & Relationships
- Partner with cross-functional peers, customers, Sales, Merchandising and Operations, as well as vendors and factories to ensure on time flow of goods relative to orders and anticipated demand criteria.
- Coordinate interoffice communication and follow-up with internal and external customers and contacts regarding production, including suppliers and vendors.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Travel to factories as appropriate.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up and across where necessary.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.
- Monitor, evaluate, and coach performance of staff for bench strength and succession planning.