The Sales Assistant supports the execution of strategies set by the Vice President of Sales by performing general sales activities including follow-up and customer service, in order to maximize sales and margins, support and promote the brand(s), where appropriate, and maintain optimal relationships with customers.
Strategy & Innovation
- Develop and maintain tracking sheets to monitor and analyze sales by style and by customer on a weekly basis; analyze customer purchase histories and current sales records to identify sales trends and suggest potential actions to account executives.
Operations & Results
- Track and update regularly the status of POs, shipments, inventories and ATS; accept, input, track and follow-up on orders in the system.
- Coordinate preparation of showroom for market; track and manage current and past season samples; coordinate distribution of marketing, PR and licensor samples.
- Contribute to and create presentations and line sheets for market by classification, materials, colors and deliveries; keep updated and maintain archive; manage the showroom calendar.
- Pull selling reports and send analysis recaps.
- Complete item sets for all accounts.
- Assist daily e-comm events for flash accounts.
- Assist with general duties including team expenses and supplies.
Customers & Relationships
- Partner with internal customers and colleagues including production, operations, imports, and shipping to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Communicate daily with buyers to follow up on orders and provide any updates.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.