Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Spends approximately 75% of the time in the warehouse with associates, building relationships, coaching, teaching, developing and providing performance feedback.
- Provides direct supervision and discipline to a team of skilled employees Including warehouse leads and warehouse associates.
- Interview prospective employees.
- Administers policies and guidelines that directly affect work activities.
- Sets and communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results.
- Makes recommendations to and supports the Operations Manager in preparing annual performance evaluations for warehouse associates and providing performance related information to employees.
- Ensures that KPI’s and accuracy standards meet DC objectives.
- In partnership with others, plans and uses independent discretion to organize day-to-day operations activities, labor schedules and objectives.
- Takes responsibility for wave planning, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly targets, goals and shift turnover.
- Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion deadlines, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organization policies.
- Presents problem analysis of operational issues, such as “sudden productivity dips” and recommends solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Motivates others and promotes collaboration and accountability to meet team goals.
- Builds trust with direct & indirect business partners by explaining rationale behind business processes & approaches taken in making decisions.
- Discusses and presents information and issues with business partners located in various departments (such as finance and human resources)
- Participates in a team setting to provide solutions to business partners & customers.
- Monitors the cleanliness and working conditions of all equipment and oversees repairs as needed.
- Provides safety instruction to all associates as needed and reports all work-related injuries immediately.
- Provides immediate medical attention to injured employees and completes required accident and incident report forms.
- Assists in ensuring the security of the facility, its environment, employees and contents.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Hands-on knowledge utilizing warehouse management systems (WMS). Manhattan experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of retail shipping compliance for apparel retailers such as Kohl’s, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.
- Knowledge of retail labeling standards (UCC 128 / shipping labels)
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop both self and others.
- Ability to partner and communicate with all business partners and customers from hourly associates to senior executives.
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to utilize applications to conduct analysis and solve problems.
- Ability to analyze problems, create solutions, and multi-task with attention to detail.
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- 3 to 5 years working experience in Distribution Center operations, in a 3PL environment.
- 3 to 5 years prior line supervision experience in a Warehouse function within a Distribution Center environment
- Intermediate understanding of data processing principles, planning and organizing, knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to develop and use variable budgets.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods (at least two hours straight, four times in an 8-hour day).
- Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds using proper techniques.
- Work environment is moderately noisy; physical climate varies; hot & cold extremes may be experienced.
- Flexible to work any shift as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to handle stress caused by meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Strong familiarity and prior certification with Warehouse Material Handling Equipment is required
- Emphasis on proper safety and security is extremely important.
- GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed