The Production Coordinator assembles and coordinates the details of the seasonal product development process and helps a cross-functional team that includes Design, Merchandising and Production, to plan, create and execute product lines.
Issue PO (Purchase Orders)
- Provide support on requested buying confirmation from vendors and review for accuracy.
- Issue size break down once sales orders are entered in system.
- Review POs and send to vendors for initial order.
- Issue POs to vendor
- Request and confirm bulk/trim submits based on the due dates in WIP
- Advise manager the potential delivery delay due to the issues occurring in bulk raw material reviewing
Test reports/Care labels
- Ensure vendor submitting garment for testing to make sure they pass/conditionally pass
- Request and review care label draft from vendor to make sure care, content info and artwork layout are correct
- Update care content and instruction report for sales/e commerce use
- Create production chart and maintain the info based on vendor’s weekly WIP report
- Review weekly Work In Process report from vendors to make sure they are on time with planned schedule
- Call out any issues with changes of the dates.
- Coordination of samples upon sales request for photo shooting use
- Request new samples from vendor
- Track fit/pre-production samples lent for sales use and make sure to get them back
- Assist production manager with daily production tasks
- Distribute received packages and prepare send-out packages to vendor and sales
- Answer daily emails