This HR role supports a retail population of approximately 2,000 employees. The Vice President will be lead HR retail initiatives which include: onboarding, employee relations, compensation, compliance and organizational development. This individual will also work in close partnership with their HR leadership counterparts in the New York City office so that there is a cohesive HR best practice.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be innovative in their approach to talent management and organizational development, while maintaining a people first approach. A clear communicator, who is passionate about HR, but also flexible, when necessary, will quickly earn enormous trust and respect in this role.
ROLES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
Strategy & Innovation
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the retail executive team for organizational structure, compliance issues, compensation standards, recruitment strategies, and retention.
- Appropriately respond to organizational changes including restructuring, communications, recruiting, etc.
- Ability to successfully implement and manage outsourced relationships, primarily in temporary staffing, including understanding the process, specifying objectives, establishing internal procedures for evaluating performance against objectives and deploying a system that helps to manage fluctuating staffing needs effectively.
- Assist local leadership with creating an environment where employees are engaged and able to do their best work through systems/tools, simplifying process and enhanced learning & development opportunities.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of overall Retail business strategic and operational objectives, ensuring alignment with enterprise objectives.
- This position is directly responsible for leading senior Retail HR leaders and indirectly responsible for all retail employees.
Operations & Results
- Lead effective employee onboarding , training, performance management and development programs.
- Continuously monitor and recommend new or revised policies and practices in all areas of human resources management.
- Oversee the entire recruitment process and applicant tracking system.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state labor laws.
- Lead positive employee relations initiatives to meet business needs and appropriately address employee concerns within the organization.
- Partner with leaders and offer direction in handling difficult employee relations issues. Assist managers in employee counseling and the progressive discipline process.
Customer & Relationships
- Develop strong relationships with operational and site leadership to anticipate business needs, respond quickly to changing priorities, and support the business in meeting customer demands.
- Manage communication, follow-up, invoicing and payment, and contracts (as necessary) with internal and external constituents including customers, suppliers, and vendors.
Leadership & Teams
- Manage 2 direct reports.
- Establish strong consultative relationships with local leadership.
- Collaborate with New York based HR team to ensure business initiatives are executed with continuity.