The Package Designer is an integral part of the design team. The designer creates original artwork following branding guides created by the licensor. There is also a component of the job to create original artwork for some of the companies private label brands.
Strategy & Innovation
- Work with Designer(s) and Senior Designer and Design Director for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; develop concepts, as well as preparing mock up for presentations.
- Work with branded styles guides to ensure that all packaging meets branding guides while still offering innovation to stay relevant in the market.
Operations & Results
- Design according to needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Create shelf displays, floor displays and other fixtures to help sell the product.
- Keep all collections up to date with branding guides, ensuring that all branding ties back to guidelines and is on calendar with the release of artwork.
- Ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Research new materials, print techniques and maintain a library.
- Review strike off and ensure that all packaging fits as it should, send comments to vendors and maintain color standards.
Customers & Relationships
- Follow-up with internal and external customers and partners.
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.