The Graphic Designer collaboratively manages the graphics component of the seasonal design development process by coordinating with the Apparel and Graphics team on the creation, executing the layout and providing input on the production of original, trend-appropriate graphics concepts for all design needs, including garments, logos, illustrations, tags and labels.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and identify graphics trend directions in collaboration with Creative Director; lead and execute development of themes and concepts with design and graphic team; create brand right presentation boards for meetings.
- Monitor new trends, techniques, treatments and resources in graphic design and production.
- Present seasonal theme, inspiration and innovation boards to design and sales team.
Operations & Results
- Execute translation of the brand, where applicable, into compelling graphic deliverables for garments, logos, illustrations, photographs, tags, labels; coordinate with Design team, creation of camera-ready art and color separations; collaborate with Designers and Creative Director to incorporate graphics into line
- Provide expert knowledge on graphics aesthetics, processes, and treatments for design team, merchants and production; collaboratively manage reference library
Customers & Relationships
- Manage follow-up with internal partners in design and production; manage interoffice communication and relationships with vendors and manufacturers; manage existing relationships and develop relationships with new suppliers, vendors and business partners to monitor trends, leverage new resources and implement most current processes
- Partner with the Law Department to ensure that graphics/designs do not infringe on intellectual property rights and register new rights where necessary
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals