1) To develop & design footwear based on relevant trends, historical sales, Licensed customer specific requirements & brand strategy.
2) To ensure good quality product specifications are delivered on time for each season, in accordance with the Critical Path and are visible to the creative and product management department.
3) To ensure all product is developed to meet pricing & margin parameters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Meeting with the Creative Director to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria.
• Design and research to prepare concepts and collections
• Technical Sketch definition for design and metal details of footwear
• Researching materials, processes or market requirements.
• Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or using dedicated computer software (CAD) to produce design specifications, including component lists and costings.
• Manage moulds and constructions development process in line with budgeted plans and sourcing agents.
• Communication with Product development team throughout designing process
• Support product management team on sourcing innitiatives.
• Manage the prototype reviews in line with Critical path and client / brand requirements
• Correction of prototypes
• Frequent factory visit
• Manage and process seasonal option map / colour card combinations to provide visibility of seasonal designs
• Liaise with Client design team to prepare for design meetings
• Manage the fabric and proto archives
• Coordinate with footwear team in Italy.
Key Skills Sought
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
• A high degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach.
• Visual and spatial awareness.
• Commercial awareness.
• Computer literacy (three-dimensional conceptual ability and CAD (computer-aided design).
• Knowledge of industrial processes / techniques and standards.
• Communication and customer-facing skills.
• The ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines.
• A willingness to build and maintain positive working relationships and to share information with others.
• Determination to achieve an end result, and optimism and enthusiasm when things don't go to plan.
• Self-starter – high energy levels.
• Positive and enthusiastic.
• Strong professionally – credible with integrity.
• Good Listener – will challenge constructively and respond well to feedback.
Must be able to use MS Office applications – Word, Outlook, and Excel to an excellent standard
All relevant design suite Adobe, Photoshop, illustrator.