Responsible for Collections on an assigned portfolio as part of an In-House collection team while supporting Factor, Credit & AR Depts. for a Global Supply Chain Management Company. This position is a temporary position.
• Make Collection calls - collection efforts for a Non-Factored A/R portfolio with Domestic and International accounts
• Collaborate with Credit Dept and CIT/Wells Fargo (“Factors”) for resolution of past due accounts on credit hold
• Initiate direct customer contact to resolve outstanding issues and support collection efforts of Factors, including resolution of notices from Factor on customer disputed items
• Properly address and communicate collection issues with business divisions & internal departments
• Conduct account research and analysis - reconcile accounts as needed
• Respond to a variety of customer requests for assistance
• Communicate important issues to Collections Manager
• Establish, enhance and communicate Departmental Documents, Manuals, Policies, and Procedures
• Prepare, update, and maintain various reports and documents as required
• Prepare/Send statements to outstanding customers
• Refer bad debts to collection agency
• Assist Chargeback Team when necessary; and all other duties as assigned
• 3+ years’ experience in A/R Department; preferably experience working in a high volume manufacturing or wholesale industry inclusive of complex reconciliations.
• Strong ability to problem solve, prioritize, organize & multi-task.
• Accountable, follows up on pending issues and ensures appropriate resolution.
• Excellent project and time management skills, including the ability to manage varied work assignments.
• Solid communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Attention to detail and a high-level of accuracy; thoroughness.
• Dependable and self-motivated.
• Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure/deadlines.
• Familiarity with Cash Application and some basic GL knowledge is preferred.
• Familiarity with LC presentation a plus.
• Works well independently as well as with a team.
• Above average data entry and math skills.
• Excel required.
• SAP preferred.
GBG USA Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.