Senior Operations Manager
• To Provide support to the business through “hands on” operational involvement; reporting, analysis and project work
• To liaise effectively on an on-going basis with all department heads ensuring all operational disciplines are adhered to and new initiatives put in place.
• Provide regular feedback to senior management on operational performance across all areas of the business and implement initiatives to improve operational efficiencies.
• To lead the Operations and Logistics function.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for translating company strategy into top down operational plans.
Lead projects to create new operations in China to support the whole F&A division.
Align and integrate existing operations in Europe with new operations in China.
Participate in development of new methodologies, as needed to improve processes.
Instigating on an on-going basis the creation of procedures and systems to optimise efficiencies across the business.
(Based on our four performance management competency areas - )
Strategy & Innovation:
Continuous improvement approach to identify new solutions to improve processes and streamline logistics flow.
Support the system migration project.
Liaise with 3PL to determine new way to simplify processes, increase productivity and save costs
Operations & Results:
Drive standardization process and best practices
Strategic planning of resources
Perform ongoing talent assessments
Customers & Relationships:
Focus on streamlining the flow from sourcing to customers, always looking for balance in the trade off between service level and efficiency
Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional partners
Leadership & Teams:
Monitoring Key performance metrics
Lead operations and logistics teams – ensuring high performance standards through coaching training and development.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Operational experience in WS and Retail logistics/supply chain
• Experience in managing logistics/operations department
• Excellent knowledge of EU and international logistics, including customer procedures and requirements.
• Highly organised and strong project management skills
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written; including report writing and group presentations.
• Influencing and negotiation skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting.
• A collaborative team player – concerned with the teams success as well as individual performance.
• Visible leadership skills – can motivate others to achieve.
• Solution orientated, decisive by nature.
• Personal attributes;
o Self starter – high energy levels
o Positive and enthusiastic
o Strong professionally – credible and acts with integrity
o Good listener – will challenge constructively and respond well to feedback