Global Brands Group (GBG) is seeking a Senior Vice President to take our beauty business to the next level. The SVP is responsible for developing and executing the overall strategy for GBG Beauty. He/she will be responsible for growth, profitability and brand strategy focusing on sales, product development, merchandising, planning, and design.
We are the number one supplier of licensed kids bath products across food, drug and mass channels in the US. Our retail relationships cover mid-tier, mass-market, specialty, value, duty-free, club, drug and grocery stores across the US.
Strategy & Innovation:
- Partner with the President to execute a strategic plan for the division that leverages the brand identity, is aligned with Licensor vision to maximize market opportunities, grow sales and increase profit.
- Initiate and drive product development process, from conception to delivery, of fresh, trend-appropriate and competitive merchandise which delivers strong internal margins.
- Oversee program implementation with cross-functional partner groups to bring new programs to market.
- Partner with finance, sales and senior management to set seasonal sales goals for brand; consult with customers and collaborate with sales to devise merchandising plans; review design needs and concepts to ensure that the team builds a balanced assortment; work with domestic and overseas production teams and vendors to plan production and ensure on-time delivery.
- Identify and incorporate relevant trends into the product offering in a brand-appropriate and enhancing way.
Operations & Results:
- Coordinate with customers, colleagues at other GBG divisions, corporate resources and shared services, and direct reports to ensure optimum operational efficiency; review and adapt processes to meet business needs.
- Coordinate among design, merchandising, production and sales to ensure timely delivery of goods, sales growth, expense management and attainment of margin goals.
- Responsible for brand performance, including achievement of strategic goals and financial targets.
- Oversee budget development/monitoring; budget guidelines.
Customers & Relationships:
- Actively manage existing customer relationships and seek opportunities for incremental growth; source new customers and communicate opportunities with division; initiate new relationships; identify new markets and opportunities.
- Key point of contact and communication with licensor as related to product approval, management of business and customers, marketing, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external customers; assist as needed with problem solving and customer relationship management.
- Oversee relationships with vendors and business partners; assist with problem solving and engage in high-level negotiations as needed.
- Partner with planning and customers to oversee discounts and terms.
Leadership & Teams:
- Set business sales/production goals and metrics for brand, articulate brand vision, and motivate teams to deliver results.
- Attract, develop and retain talent; create appropriate succession plans.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of teams and individuals.