The Staff Accountant (Royalties) will be responsible for various royalty accounting functions, internal financial reporting and financial analysis for the company. Candidate will need to work collaboratively and cross functionally with all departments.
Front End Process
• Contract review – will review royalty bearing issues with manager/legal team.
• Generate the contract data abstract for each new contract and amendments.
• Update and maintain a master contract list in SAP and Royalty Management Software.
• Maintain and update the master royalty advance schedule and contract position schedule.
• Work to ensure that the business units are requesting royalty codes in a timely manner and that the proper codes are being used. Review with the business unit’s variances.
• Updating and maintaining royalty codes in SAP.
• Responsible for all elements of assigned contracts from accruals to qtr. end reporting.
• Assist in maintaining daily processes in royalty system.
• Working with the business units and the royalty team in gathering and completing the information requested by the auditors.
Back End Process
• Roll up the month end balance sheet analysis for Accrued Royalties, Prepaid Royalties and the Royalty Reserve for all of the business units assigned.
• Check all Quarterly statements for accuracy.
• Report to manager and the business units the earned positions of each contract for each business unit.
• Compare and report the Co-Op spending requirements by contract to the actual dollars spent and report the YTD spending variances to manager and the business units.
• Track and report the dilution/deduction caps by contract to the actual dollars spent and report the variances to manager and the business units.
• Minimum 3-5 years practical accounting experience with undergraduate Accounting degree.
• Strong GL skills and familiarity with month end close and journal entry process.
• Working knowledge of GAAP / accrual accounting.
• Ability to create ad hoc reports and analysis.
• Work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong computer and Advanced Excel skills.
• Detail oriented.
GBG USA Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.