Partner with Product Management and Sales to insure consistency and best practices across all divisions. Ensure key milestones and deliverables for all planning activities are successfully achieved for the division.
Strategy & Innovation
- Participate in development of new methodologies, as needed, to improve planning process and results.
- Complete Merchandise and Customer Plans for the product area of responsibility.
Operations & Results
- Translate top down financial goals into merchandise plans.
- Perform historical sales analysis to support seasonal hindsight process.
- Support Product Manager(s) in seasonal line planning process (breadth, depth, etc).
- Partner with Retail Planner to reconcile merchandise plans with Customers plans (bottoms up).
- Manage in season forecast process. Partner with finance, sales, and product management to complete forecast. Complete risk and opportunity analysis.
- Manage and control inventory levels, identify risks and opportunities.
- Monitor in season POS results to identify key consumer trends to support the development of the line plan.
- Manage retail planning activities and vendor managed inventory processes for key customers.
- Complete standard reporting and analysis.
- Provide risk and opportunity analysis to all cross functional teams.
- Responsible to achieve project management goals.
- Monitor sales and create and maintain weekly sales recaps; communicate business performance during forecast meetings, create brand and category level quarterly highlight reports to drive strategic decisions.
Customers & Relationships
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of processes and the sharing of best practices.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional partners.
Leadership & Teams
- Ensure high performance standards thru coaching, training, and development.
- Perform ongoing talent assessments.