The Assistant Merchandiser supports the development and execution of departmental strategies and business objectives and assists throughout the entire Product life cycle process.
- Assists in creating sample presentations
- Helps manage sample process – distribution, maintenance, tracking deadlines, etc.
- Compile and prepare trend boards
- Works with Senior Merchant to plan, develop, calculate costs and gross margins for design team
- Generates and analyzes retail sales reports
- Develop product based upon the results of trend research
- Responsible for merchandising small customer accounts
- Responsible for shopping for new ideas and samples and competitive shopping
- Handles other responsibilities and projects as assigned