Global Brands Group Holding Limited (GBG) is one of the world’s leading branded fashion accessories, footwear, and apparel companies.
Global Brands Group designs, develops, and markets products globally across a diverse portfolio, including fashion, entertainment character licensing, accessories, home and footwear brands.
We are truly global, with teams in New York City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and London, to name a few. With over 350 of some of the biggest brands in the world, our first-class portfolio includes Calvin Klein, Frye, Under Armour, Joe’s, Spyder, Kenneth Cole, Juicy Couture and BCBG.
We offer 10 week summer internship opportunities in the following disciplines:
- Brand Management
- Design (Apparel/Footwear/Handbags)
- Product Development
- Technical Design
Internship Highlights Include:
- Cross functional team project
- Hands-on experience
- Guest speakers
- Cultural field trips
- Seminars & workshops
Technical Design Internship:
- Develop accurate tech packs within calendar deadlines.
- Assist Technical Design team with all internal and external fittings.
- Ensure all garments meet Company, Designer, and Buyer's standards.
- Review all styles at beginning of season in conjunction with Design teams through live model fittings and computer fit models.
- Communicate comments, corrections and detailed illustrations to Hong Kong and all accounts under Technical Designer's supervision.
- Request fit samples as needed.
- Develop close working relationships with Design, Sales, and Production teams and work to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of fit samples.
- Translate physical measurements of prototypes into the proper software programs to be later used by our production staff in Asia.
- Inspect sample garments before mass production begins in factories. Approve, reject, & request samples as necessary.
- Create work in progress reports for Design team.