Global Brands Group Holding Limited (GBG) is one of the world’s leading branded fashion accessories, footwear, and apparel companies.
Global Brands Group designs, develops, and markets products globally across a diverse portfolio, including fashion, entertainment character licensing, accessories, home and footwear brands.
We are truly global, with teams in New York City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and London, to name a few. With over 350 of some of the biggest brands in the world, our first-class portfolio includes Calvin Klein, Frye, Under Armour, Joe’s, Spyder, Kenneth Cole, Juicy Couture and BCBG.
We offer 10 week summer internship opportunities in the following disciplines:
- Brand Management
- Design (Apparel/Footwear/Handbags)
- Product Development
- Technical Design
Internship Highlights Include:
- Cross functional team project
- Hands-on experience
- Guest speakers
- Cultural field trips
- Seminars & workshops
- Responsible for supporting the design team in all aspects of creating and executing the seasonal collection (from concept to final proto samples).
- Work with the designers and graphic artists to create initial pattern concepts in prints, yarn dyes, and graphics.
- Maintain fabric, trim and original store bought sample libraries.
- Work to establish color standards and ensure approvals are coordinated among different fabrics, yarns, trims and product categories.
- Prepare board presentations and showrooms to be ready for meetings.
- Create tech packs.
- Spec proto samples to ensure they are up to standards, i.e. measurement, checking pattern layouts, yarn, color and quality standards.
- Design, recreate, manipulate, recolor prints, and resize artwork.
- Maintain showrooms, closets and samples in good condition for use by the merchandising team.
- Collaborate with a cross functional intern team to research, resolve and present (to senior management) a solution to a specific business challenge.