The Product Development Coordinator assembles and coordinates the details of the seasonal product development process and helps a cross-functional team that includes Design, Merchandising and Production, to plan, create and execute product lines.
Strategy & Innovation
- Assist in development of seasonal product strategies for category with Design, Merchandising and Production teams, including trend identification, color palette, concept, category, style, costing and pricing; balance key items/fashion/basics; track costing and retail pricing framework to maximize consumer value; record previous best sellers and application in current, trend-appropriate assortments.
- Review category products as directed to ensure brand cohesiveness.
Operations & Results
- Track and follow-up on Product Development calendar for optimum operational efficiency; partner with Design, Merchandising Production and Sales to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Keep record of departmental, brand, and category production needs to help plan allocation of orders and balance workload among vendors to minimize risk; identify and raise quality and technical issues, where appropriate.
- Attend and take detailed notes at product review meetings, including edits, board review, pre-costing and post-season reviews, and fittings; track checklist of any or all legal requirements, including placement of goods in approved facilities.
- Track and assist with creation of complete Product Profile Sheets; keep record of shipments, proto and sales samples.
Customers & Relationships
- Coordinate and track communication and follow-up with internal and external constituents around the world, including customers, suppliers, vendors and licensors, where applicable; assist with problem solving as needed.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.