The Associate Designer supports the Designer(s) and Senior Designer in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Work with Designer(s) and Senior Designer and Design Director for preliminary design research, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos.
- Work on development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment.
- Creating development packets to be sent oversees for all.
Operations & Results
- Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Create Illustrator designs; prepare specification sheets and line sheets and update as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Create original artwork for an assortment of brands, sizes and categories in the hosiery area.
Customers & Relationships
- Follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including sales and production; facilitate interoffice communication.
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.