The Sr. Merchandise Manager executes the seasonal merchandising process, from line plan to delivery, by bringing global market expertise, trend-appropriate assortments that meet brand standards, customer needs, drive sales, maximize margin/profit and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Collaboratively implement the merchandising strategy in line with the divisional direction set by Senior Leadership.
- Create and manage assortment plans for merchandise category by region, channel and delivery. Achieve the right balance of key items/fashion/basics, fit, value, price point, SKU count and volume.
- Deliver against divisional financial targets. Ensure assortment meets cost and margin goals.
- Identify and proactively work with PD to develop and commercialize style(s), and with Design to align feature set details with margin goals.
- Analyze product performance, market conditions and feedback from customers continuously; update assortment and identify opportunities based on analysis as well as expert knowledge of the current and potential market place.
Operations & Results
- Partner with Design, PD, Ops and Sales to ensure execution to business fundamentals and to Time and Action Calendar for timely delivery of goods, sales growth, and attainment of margin goals.
- Raise/identify margin, technical or quality issues. Agree best practices and to insure execution of solutions.
- Create line plan by category and ensure progress toward established financial goals; achieve metrics.
- Present line to supervisors; actively participate in review meetings, including edits, CAD board reviews, pre-costing, line reviews, adoption and post-season reviews.
Customers & Relationships
- Communicate and follow-up with internal and external constituents globally, including customers, suppliers, vendors and licensors, where applicable; assist with problem solving as needed.
- Maintain relationships with collaborators and competitors; attend trade shows and industry events, as needed.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Attract, develop, manage and retain talent.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals: continuous coaching.