The Direct Ship Import Associate is responsible for managing all direct ship and DC bypass shipments to ensure timely and accurate handoff of merchandise to customers.
- Arrange customer deliveries and follow up with brokers on all direct ship or DC bypass shipments.
- Send delivery requests overseas for foreign to foreign shipments being paid in the US.
- Communicate with business units on shipment status and direct ship process updates.
- Receive and file import documentation, such as arrival notices, delivery orders, etc from brokers.
- Create SAP inbound shipments when proper documentation is received.
- Allocate and route orders as necessary.
- Create UCC 128 labels for orders as necessary.
- Perform receipt of goods (PGR) and trigger invoice creation on all direct/DC bypass shipments.
- Update customer websites with shipment/delivery info as necessary.