The Associate Designer supports the Designer(s) in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Assist and take direction from Designer(s) and Senior Designer(s) for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; pull fabrics, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, and inspirational photos.
- Assist in development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment.
Operations & Results
- Support Designer(s) in creating Illustrator sketches; preparation of specification sheets; prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update as necessary.
- Create and maintain seasonal catalogs.
- Create and maintain tech packs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Maintain fabric/trim/color library.
- Keep detailed notes during seasonal reviews and update line sheets/tech packs accordingly.
Customers & Relationships
- Follow-up with sales, technical design and production; facilitate inter office communication.
- Build collaborative relationships within the team and other areas
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.