The Graphic Designer collaboratively manages the graphics component of the seasonal design development process by coordinating with the Graphic Artist(s) and Senior Graphic Artist on the creation, executing the layout and providing input on the production of original, trend-appropriate graphics concepts for all design needs, including garments, logos, illustrations, tags and labels.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Innovation
• Research and identify graphics trend directions in collaboration with Design Director; manage development of themes and concepts with Graphic Artist(s); create presentation boards for meetings and mock-ups.
• Monitor new trends, techniques, treatments and resources in graphic design and production.
Operations & Results
• Execute translation of brand(s), where applicable, into compelling graphic deliverables for garments, logos, illustrations, photographs, tags, labels; coordinate with Graphic Artist(s) creation of camera-ready art and color separations; collaborate with Designer(s) and Design Director to incorporate graphics into line.
• Provide expert knowledge on graphics aesthetics, processes, and treatments for design team, merchants and production; collaboratively manage reference library.
Customers & Relationships
• Manage follow-up with internal partners in design and production; manage interoffice communication and relationships with vendors and manufacturers; manage existing relationships and develop relationships with new suppliers, vendors and business partners to monitor trends, leverage new resources and implement most current processes.
• Partner with the Law Department to ensure that graphics/designs do not infringe on intellectual property rights and register new rights where necessary.
Leadership & Teams
• Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
• Attract, develop and retain talent.
• Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals.
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
• Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for graphics and fonts; strong ability to sketch.
• Extensive knowledge of traditional and web-based graphic production techniques, including color separations, camera-ready art, heat transfers, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
• 4 - 7 years experience in graphic design; significant relevant experience in category.
• Expert in Adobe products and Mac computers; highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Please note that this is an in-house freelance role in NYC, not a remote opportunity.
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer