Benefits/HRIS Manager is responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations. As needed, this position provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. This position develops, recommends and installs approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies and supervises administration of existing plans. This position support the HRIS team and provide recommendation within the business processes between the various systems benefits, payroll and HRIS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers and manages employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; leave programs; and wellness programs.
- Handles escalated benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Maintain leave of absence records and process with third party FMLA/disability carriers and vendors.
- Develop benefit information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Communicate and interface with team members, benefit plan consultants, vendors, legal advisors and administrators regarding benefit policies, eligibility and coverage issues, and enrollment procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with employees, clients, brokers, insurance carriers and other providers to resolve issues, not limited to worker’s compensation and safety programs.
- Partner with internal business partners to identify to help streamline processes.
- Partner with risk management analyst, and broker to reduce worker’s compensation claims and closing legacy claims.
- Support Sr. Benefits manager in administering benefits programs and ad-hoc projects.
- Reconcile and approving benefits invoices.
- Support system implementation and conversion within the HRIS, payroll and benefit systems.
- Assist with employee data management and support HRIS team to ensure existing and new benefit programs are entered into HRIS and reporting systems.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Provide benefits related training such as FMLA, American Disabilities Act (ADA) and employee education.