The Sales Assistant supports the execution of strategies set by the Vice President of Sales by performing general sales activities including follow-up and customer service, in order to maximize sales and margins, support and promote the brand(s), where appropriate, and maintain optimal relationships with customers.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
- Develop and maintain tracking sheets to monitor and analyze sales and margins by style and by customer on a weekly basis; analyze customer. purchase histories vs. their forecasts and current sales records to identify sales trends and suggest potential actions to account executives.
Operations & Results
- Track and update regularly the status of POs, shipments, inventories and Available To Sell; track and follow-up on orders in the system.
- Perform daily review of shipments, orders, changes in distribution and deliveries for each account with sales team and present key issues to VP of Sales; secure and ensure timely fulfillment of all orders.
- Analyze weekly sales and stock levels; make recommendations to internal partners regarding orders/reorders; work closely with planning, finance and operations on credit, shipping, and bookings for each customer.
- Coordinate current and historical product samples.
- Contribute to and create presentations for existing and potential customers.
- Assist with general duties including compliance and product performance protocols.
Customers & Relationships
- Partner with internal customers and colleagues including Production, Operations, Planning, Imports, and Shipping to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Manage communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Sales, Planning and Production.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.