Strategy & Innovation
Right arm to Design Director. Sketches and details out all bodies to include fabrication and art treatments to get accurate cost. Works on licensor submissions. Attend internal account meeting. Steps in for Director in his/her absence.
- Collaborate with Designers on product design process from concept to execution, ensuring alignment with overall product strategy.
- Contribute to the research and development of seasonal trends.
- Create comprehensive product presentations with boards, tear sheets and samples.
- Prepare line and presentation materials for line previews and buy meetings including color, concept, print and story boards.
- Shop appropriate markets for emerging merchandise/trend ideas and design inspiration.
- Select and approve styles, materials, trims and colors that embody the style plans and remain true to brand.
- Compile tech packs and distribute to technical design and production for sampling.
- Abide by the seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility.
- Create Illustrator sketches and prepare spec sheets. Update as necessary.
Operations & Results
- Attend all licensor meetings to be sure of total awareness on all licensing details including movie releases.
- Monitor all licensor comments and prioritize with Designer.
- Maintain a seamless workflow within the department.
Customers & Relationships
- Communicate with our licensing team on licensor approvals.
- Partner with production, tech, and sales department.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.