The Account Executive - Footwear executes strategies set by the Vice President of Sales in order to maximize sales and margins, support and promote the brand(s), where appropriate, and maintain optimal relationships with customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Innovation
• Cultivate new accounts and seek opportunities to expand business with existing accounts; identify and strategize means to penetrate new markets
• Research and perform competitive analysis; monitor relevant trends and communicate to internal partners, where appropriate
• Develop line plan for each brand, in context of larger assortment and cost structure, and customize to each customer; create and execute seasonal business proposals with suggested assortments based on marketplace and customer base
• Partner with customers to communicate and execute brand positioning and key strategic initiatives for brand, where appropriate; propose and negotiate for optimal placement in store, including, where applicable, in-store shops.
Operations & Results
• Manage daily review of shipments, orders, changes in distribution and deliveries for each account with sales team; secure and ensure timely fulfillment of all orders
• Guide monitoring, assembly and analysis of weekly sales and stock levels; devise strategies and make recommendations to customers and internal partners regarding merchandising, markdowns and orders/reorders; partner with finance and operations to ensure proper credit, shipping, and bookings for each customer
• Regularly travel to customer locations to meet with regional leadership and ensure proper in-store execution; attend trade shows as necessary
Customers & Relationships
• Cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
• Manage communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Sales, Design and Production; partner with manager of retail coordinators program to ensure proper in-store execution of sales and merchandising strategies; partner with customers to manage co-op, allowances and givebacks
Leadership & Teams
• Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
• Train and coach junior team members in selling, negotiating and presentation skills
• Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals
• Attract, develop and retain talent
• 7+years experience in luxury footwear sales.
•Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented and outgoing.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous.
• Strong analytical skills and fluent in retail math.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; familiarity with SAP a plus.