The Associate Designer supports the Designer(s) and Senior Designer in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
• Work with Designer(s) and Senior Designer and Design Director for preliminary design research, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos.
• Work on development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment.
Operations & Results
• Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
• Create Illustrator designs; prepare specification sheets and line sheets and update as necessary.
• Ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
• Create original artwork for an assortment of brands, sizes and categories in the hosiery area.
Customers & Relationships
• Follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design and production; facilitate interoffice communication
• Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
• Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
• 3-5 years experience in apparel/knitwear/hoisery design.
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
• Knowledge of, color ways, trends, ability to create original art.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers.
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer