The Applications Support Analyst will have the core responsibilities of providing day to day support, administration, configuration and maintenance of the corporate business applications across Europe. You will work as part of the integral internal applications team, as well as alongside 3rd party vendors, and business associates, in configuring, administrating, implementing customisations and solutions that adapt to the organisation’s business needs and support business processes. Responsible for gathering new requirements fitting business needs and collaborate with vendors or internal developers to deliver the best, most appropriate solutions. Responsible for the smooth running of the corporate business applications landscape that underpins critical business processes. The role will be based out of our London office in Hammersmith and Marylebone. There is some travel required as well to various European sites.
• Providing helpdesk technical and functional support for business applications encompassing ERP, PLM, EPOS, Ecommerce (B2B, B2C & Marketplaces), EDI and reporting/BI products.
• Take ownership to log, process and resolve issues through the helpdesk and issue tracking systems, working with other internal team members or third-party support to resolve root cause of escalated operational problems in a timely fashion.
• Participate in implementing EDI integrations with customers, and other sales channels.
• Maintain, configure, and support EDI interfaces between both business applications and customers.
• Work with 3rd party vendors, software developers, other business analysts, project managers, IT, and business users to elicit and document requirements, analyse and guide solutions to ensure they meet the business' needs.
• Help configure and manage business applications, and ensure project deliverables match the business requirements.
• Monitoring application performance and highlighting areas of concern, implementing improvements and producing relevant reports when required.
• Gathering and analysing business requirements, creating drafts for system design, development and specifications for customisations required by the business
• Prepare business process documents.
• Participating in solution definition on bigger applications projects.
• Ensure availability, quality, consistency, and accuracy of solutions through auditing and review of business applications.
• Participating in entire full cycle of implementation, including quality assurance and testing of any new, or upgrade business application.
• Prepare user manuals and training plans for business applications when required.
• Provide pre go live and post go live end user support.
• Must ensure that standard policy, processes and procedures are followed by the team and identify, develop and implement best practices where gaps exist.
• Proactively keep abreast of all new technological innovations relating to the business applications, and make the best business case for any upgrades.
• Travel to company’s sites as required to provide any support or training as required.
• Any reasonable additional duties as requested or delegated by the line manager.
Strategy & Innovation:
• Resolves conflicting goals and priorities using formal organizational knowledge and informal network relationships to accomplish objectives.
• Demonstrates commitment to seek out opportunities and contributes to developing innovative or alternative solutions.
• Understands the strategic direction and goals of the organization and aligns personal performance objectives with organizational priorities.
Operations & Results:
• Contributes to improvement of policies and procedures that facilitate progress.
• Practices highly effective organization, prioritization and time management skills.
• Develops and implements new solutions that save money, time and effort.
Customers & Relationships:
• Accurately identifies and anticipates client's needs.
• Follows through on commitments and responds to customers in a timely manner.
• Consistently provides quality service and solutions to customer needs.
Leadership & Teams:
• Organizes and presents information and knowledge in a way that's helpful to the team
• Shows initiative in going beyond direct responsibilities in achieving team goals
• Creates an open and transparent team environment that fosters sharing of information and knowledge
Skills & Qualifications:
• 3-5 year’s experience of supporting ERP systems in a large retail / wholesale environments, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Experience with supporting EPOS and e-Commerce applications / platforms.
• Experience with EDI solutions, processes and data flows.
• Experience with administering business applications system through configuration management. The ideal candidate must have: • Deep knowledge of ERP systems, retail functions, B2C, B2B, wholesale, etc.
• Train all end users on business application systems.
• Experience in interpreting, communicating, and documenting business processes and requirements.
• Experiencing with producing and executing test plans to verify business application changes / systems upgrades.
• Working knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and development practices.
• Working knowledge of writing database queries, preferably Microsoft SQL.
• Project Management, including PRINCE2, and Microsoft Sure Step Methodology experience and accreditation would be advantageous
• Some experience with data migrations, ETL, SAP.
• A desire to stay abreast of new technologies.
• Ability to assimilate quickly diverse new technologies.
• Knowledge of Service Delivery Standards (ITIL or COBIT) would be advantageous.
• Team player with the ability to motivate and educate other team members in principles of service delivery excellence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate clearly at all levels of an organization.
• Creative, problem solving oriented thinking.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills.