The Senior Sales Executive drives strategies set by the Vice President of Sales in order to maximize sales and margins, support and promote the brand(s), where appropriate, and maintain optimal relationships with customers.
Strategy & Innovation
- Strategically cultivate new accounts and seek opportunities to expand business with existing accounts; strategize means to penetrate new markets; oversee development and maintain business relationships with customers.
- Guide research and competitive analysis; interpret relevant trends and communicate to internal partners, where appropriate.
- Oversee development of line plan for each brand, in context of larger assortment and cost structure; review and approve seasonal business proposals for each customer, with suggested assortments based on marketplace and customer base.
- Collaboratively devise and articulate brand positioning and key strategic initiatives for brand, where appropriate; strategize optimal placement in store, including, where applicable, in-store shops.
Operations & Results
- Lead regular review of shipments and orders, sales and stock levels, merchandising and markdowns with Account Executives.
- Guide strategies and approve recommendations to maximize sales and minimize markdowns.
- Travel frequently to customer locations to meet with leadership and ensure proper in-store execution; attend trade shows as necessary.
Customers & Relationships
- Manage the cultivation, development and maintenance of relationships with new and existing customers at DMM level and below.
- Oversee communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Sales, Design, Production and retail coordinators.
- Partner with planning and customers to oversee co-op, allowances and givebacks.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Train and coach junior team members in selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals and team.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.