(Based on our four performance management competency areas - )
Strategy & Innovation:
• To agree with Sales Director annual sales budgets.
• To define and communicate key drivers to achieving sales
• To liaise with Category Managers to deliver distribution strategies by brand for the territory
• To report effectively and routinely both to senior management and sales team on performance against sales targets and objectives.
• To source new markets and sales partners for the territory, in line with distribution strategy
• Work closely with Finance to establish consistent, relevant reporting
• To provide all relevant information for seasonal lessons learnt to CM’s within CP
• To work with Category Managers on specific product and marketing requirements by market / channel / customer
• To determine and oversee all trade show participation and support sales team as required
Operations & Results:
• To prioritise sales related issues effectively to ensure the needs of the business are met.
• Weekly sales updates with SD.
• Weekly team meetings – sales and business updates
• Regular individual meetings – customer and brand updates
• To collate monthly report for SD for Management review.
• To ensure profitable clearance of obsolete stock as required.
Customers & Relationships:
• To maintain and develop good working relationships with major customers and sales partners.
• To clearly communicate strategic sales objectives and sales targets by customer to the sales team.
• To ensure good communication channels are maintained within the sales function and to other departments within the business.
• To negotiate trading terms with key customers around margins, markdown, RTV and marketing support.
• To maintain detailed knowledge of all key customers in territory
Leadership & Teams:
• To support the sales team as required, taking a proactive “hands on” approach to ensure all objectives are met.
• To be directly involved in major account strategy meetings and support account managers
• To maintain a detailed understanding of all on-going sales and related operational activity.
• To coordinate sales initiatives across sales team.
• To develop and motivate sales team to maximise their potential.
cessfully with individuals at all levels
• Strong commercial leader demonstrating extensive understanding of the Footwear & Accessories Market
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent analytical & financial acumen
• Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise
• People; leadership, management and development
• A collaborative team player – concerned with the team success as well as individual performance
• Ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with individuals at all levels