The Technical Designer supports the seasonal design and merchandising process by partnering with the Design, Merchandising and Production teams and executing technical designs for in-category styles to ensure on-budget, on-time delivery of quality goods.
Strategy & Innovation
- Advise Design, Merchandising and Production on building category assortment plans that fit with established cost structure(s), based on garment construction, fabric costing and consumption, etc.; suggest alterations to fit and construction, where appropriate.
- Execute implementation of consistent size and fit standards, grade rules and tolerances, construction and quality standards, standard pattern blocks and tech pack templates; follow standard procedures for working with Design, Merchandising, Production and vendors.
Operations & Results
- Develop technical designs for category and ensure on-time execution of complete, vendor-ready technical specification packages; ensure all styles, fits, construction and specs meet standards of feasibility, costing and appropriateness for brand; follow direction from VP or Technical Design to ensure fit consistent fit for brand(s) across seasons and categories.
- Partner with Design, Production and Sales to execute time-and-action calendar.
- Execute category fit sessions to ensure final fit, quality and construction meets standards; communicate with vendors to ensure execution of standards; track fit and top of production (TOP) samples; review lab reports and sample measurement.
Customers & Relationships
- Communicate and follow-up with internal and external constituents around the world, including customers, suppliers, vendors and licensors, where applicable; suggest new suppliers and vendors and maintain relationships with existing partners, including internal constituents.
- Maintain relationships with collaborators and competitors.
- Partner with Production and Quality Assurance to carry out quality assurance protocols; problem solve as necessary.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals.